Week in Xcalak, week in Mahahual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm doing a solo trip this year, spending 1 week in Xcalak diving with XTC (XTC Dive Center), hoping for a trip to Banco Chinchorro again. I will be looking forward to some AC for another week in Mahahual after none in Xcalak. Anyone ever been diving with Amigos del Mar (Amigos del Mar Mahahual | Mahahual Diving) in Mahahual? They have trips to Chinchorro claiming to get there in 45 min. with overnight trips as long as there are enough folks. Seems they're not PADI but that doesn't bother me much. Just asking. Thanks

I guess that most people are diving in the very popular places. Herd mentality?

I'm doing a solo trip this year, spending 1 week in Xcalak diving with XTC (XTC Dive Center), hoping for a trip to Banco Chinchorro again. I will be looking forward to some AC for another week in Mahahual after none in Xcalak. Anyone ever been diving with Amigos del Mar (Amigos del Mar Mahahual | Mahahual Diving) in Mahahual? They have trips to Chinchorro claiming to get there in 45 min. with overnight trips as long as there are enough folks. Seems they're not PADI but that doesn't bother me much. Just asking. Thanks
One of the best operations there and they paid for the permit to Banco Chinchorro, don't let other shops discourage you about Chinchorro (some says it is barren, some says nobody has permits, some says it is one of the worst dive spots) just go with Amigos del Mar and you will have an amazing and professional experience

One of the best operations there and they paid for the permit to Banco Chinchorro, don't let other shops discourage you about Chinchorro (some says it is barren, some says nobody has permits, some says it is one of the worst dive spots) just go with Amigos del Mar and you will have an amazing and professional experience

I agree. We went to Chinchorro last summer with XTC. It was great! Great coral, lots of fish, & best of all, no herds of people or boats. Leaving in a couple of weeks for a return trip. I'm diving with XTC the 1st week hoping to get out there, then moving to Mahahual for a little civilization and AC! Diving with Amigos de Mar for another week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom