Weekend dives with American Diving at SPI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My son and I had a pretty good weekend at South Padre Island this weekend. We dove with American Diving to the Texas Clipper wreck on Saturday. We had 100 foot visibility, calm seas and no current. Lots of marine life. On Sunday, we dove Little Sara production rig. Same sea conditions as on Saturday. At the end of the second dive we were visited by a whale shark. American Diving's Ron and myself were the only ones still in scuba gear, so we dove with the whale shark and everyone else snorkeled above. My son said it was a great way to end the summer. I have some pics on my FB page, but I will get a couple on here later tonight or tomorrow.:D

Great story, Ron. It's always better when you can share it with your kid. :)

I hope to get down to SPI soon and dive the Clipper.

Sounds like fun. I was down there 2 weeks ago. Sharp thermocline at 70 feet. 10 foot viz and a ripping current below it.

I'm jealous!

One of these days I'll see some blue water on top of the Clipper!

American Diving has uploaded some great pics of the whale shark on their website at Captain's Log. Just scroll to the bottom of the page for the dive log.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom