Weekend of the 3rd-4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going back out w/Capt Earl this weekend. There are 4 spots available. We will pick the best of the two days on Thursday. Cost is $75 for two tanks.

The reef where MissD shot that flounder was amazing. It will be our first stop if weather permits.

It was a good place to shoot!

Agreed.

The reef where MissD shot that flounder was amazing. It will be our first stop if weather permits.

I had the flounder call his buddy's out there. They are all going to be hiding 'til I come back out :wink: :tongue:

Who are you kidding?? After you shot him, I stabbed him, and then you filleted him, that fish WASNT in any condition to call ANYONE!
I further suspect he was eaten immediately too!

Who are you kidding?? After you shot him, I stabbed him, and then you filleted him, that fish WASNT in any condition to call ANYONE!
I further suspect he was eaten immediately too!

FINE! Truth me told, I relayed the message for him :scorned: He made for wonderful fish and chips :D

Dive One:
About 30miles offshore Hudson, FL (est)
Depth 65
BT 1:09
Temp 64
Upon arriving at the site there was a large turtle on the surface. This dive had a LOT of Mangrove Snapper to shoot. A large goliath was nearby. Shot several snaps and hogs, the grouper were too small to shoot.

Dive Two:
Depth 64
BT 1:06
Temp 64
After rolling in, my buddy lost a weight pocket so I made an immediate descent to get it. He went down without it and didnt miss it due to the steel tanks I was loaning him.
I left the weight pocket with the captain on the surface and continued my dive.
Down the reef I shot a few hogs and came on a "snapper hotel". I shot one and all his buddies came out from the reef to watch. I was stringing the shot fish, banding the gun, checking pressure and shooting again. I was shooting so quickly I started to single band the gun, the fish were that close and easy to kill. Then Mr. Big Grouper came by, with only one band I knew I needed a good shot, he gave it to me and I hit him in the head but he was able to shake it loose and get away. Damn, I was disappointed about that! I did manage to get a large snapper about 20" and several about 16" with a few hogs too.
This was the most fun I have had in the gulf to date! I never did catch up with my dive buddy again. I am guessing everyone else on the boat turned the other way.
With all the action I was having I was very low on air on the return. Have to watch that a little better in the future!
The charter was Wet Yet charters w/Capt. Earl out of Hudson, FL

Ann's stringer
PICT0525.jpg

PICT0533.jpg

This guy came out and grabbed onto Ann's hogfish after she shot it. You can see the tailfin sticking out
octopus.jpg

Bill dropped his prize winning fillet of the day into the canal. Noob!
PICT0535.jpg

That shot of the octo and hogfish rocks. Thanks for posting it. I was hoping you guys would put it up I want to show it to a couple people.

I dunno if I'd be going out with that guy diving naked and w/o scuba :tongue:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom