Weekend Report – Ocean City, MD – May 21 & 22 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmiah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Weekend Report – Ocean City, MD – May 21 & 22 2010

Friday we headed out with 6 divers + crew for two dives on the African Queen (Zone 3) in 70FSW, seas were 2ft @ 9 seconds.. in other words.. flat as a lake! Vis was 20+ on the bottom. Temp was 63 on the surface and 57 on the sand. 6 Bugs, several tog and a bushel of large mussels later we headed for a third dive at the Kona-Hi'lola (Zone 1). Temps were about the same but vis dropped to about 10-15. Got a few more tog and headed in..

For the Saturday AM trip with 6 divers + crew, we headed out for two dives on the Kathleen Riggins (Zone 2). Vis was around 15 ft, temps about the same as Friday. Seas came up a little but were still pretty pleasant. No spearfishing on this trip.

The Saturday PM trip also with 6 divers + crew was back at the Kona-Hi'lola (Zone 1) for two. Just a fun quick early evening charter with some Jersey boys. Seas were back around 2-3ft @ 9 seconds. Vis was around 10ft. No spearfishing on this trip either.

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

sb4.jpg

sb5.jpg

Wow 20+ feet! thats awesome

I soooooo want to go catch a lobster. Do you teach people how to do it as well, or just run the charters?

I enjoyed the Saturday AM trip even though the water was a tad chilly. 52 degrees at the Kathleen Riggens. I hope to come back again in a month or two in order to try for some flounder :) It was my first time diving in the atlantic and my first time with my bp/w. I had a lot of fun!

Thanks for trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom