Weezles are Warm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrimixToo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend has dived a Weezle Extreme for many moons. Although there is plenty of variation in individual divers, he always seemed warmer than I did in my Fourth Element Halo 3D. So when a Weezle popped up on Craigslist in new condition for $150 in my size, I got it. I dove it today in 40F-ish water. It is indeed a bit warmer than the Halo. Not only that, but it allows me more freedom of movement. Even at new prices, I think it's probably a better bargain than the Halo 3D. The only downside is I'll need to add about 2 pounds to my weight to keep enough air in the suit when the tanks get low.

Don't confuse this as my being negative about the Halo 3D. It's a fine piece of kit, and it's not going anywhere. For dives in somewhat warmer water it will still be my go-to undergarment. But for truly cold water, and especially worn over my Blue Heat system's liner, the Weezle wins.

A friend has dived a Weezle Extreme for many moons. Although there is plenty of variation in individual divers, he always seemed warmer than I did in my Fourth Element Halo 3D. So when a Weezle popped up on Craigslist in new condition for $150 in my size, I got it. I dove it today in 40F-ish water. It is indeed a bit warmer than the Halo. Not only that, but it allows me more freedom of movement. Even at new prices, I think it's probably a better bargain than the Halo 3D. The only downside is I'll need to add about 2 pounds to my weight to keep enough air in the suit when the tanks get low.

Don't confuse this as my being negative about the Halo 3D. It's a fine piece of kit, and it's not going anywhere. For dives in somewhat warmer water it will still be my go-to undergarment. But for truly cold water, and especially worn over my Blue Heat system's liner, the Weezle wins.
The Weezle Extreme is what I wore in Antarctica.

Is it easy to get air out of the Weezle? Or do you have to get vertical to get it out?

I went from the Weezle Extreme + to Halo 3D and agree that the Halo 3D is not as warm. I added xerotherm under the Halo 3D and it is pretty good that way.

I find the Wheezle can restrict exhaust somewhat. A loose thin fleece top worn over it mitigates the problem. There are probably other options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom