Weigh system for BP/W

Preferred BP/W weight system?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s one reason to do a thorough BWRAF (or system go over) before the dive with your buddy so that all these things are covered in the event of an emergency.

It might not be your buddy who is helping you.

I use several different plates from 2 lbs up to 10 lbs. Sometimes I clamp a 3 lb soft weight under the rail bars (STA) and sometimes thread a 2 lb non ditchable hard weight on each side of the waist straps back by the plate. I use steel tanks, everything from steel 72’s up to my big E7 120.
I use weightbelts in several different weight combinations depending on with plate/tank combo I’m using. I have at least four different weightbelts all set up ranging from 4 lbs up to 22 lbs. I cast my own hard weights so always have extra weights. The constant is my 7mm wetsuit.
The rubber freediving belts work great as does nylon webbing belts with a spring loaded depth compensating weight belt buckle.
I prefer weightbelts.
When using my 10 lb plate w/ 3 lb. soft weight stuffed under the tank and my steel 120 I almost don’t need any weight at all, but most of the time prefer to have something ditchable so I skip the soft weight and use a 4 lb weightbelt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom