Weight Belt Buckle Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:confused:Laugh if you must but I gotta ask. Do weight buckles go bad? I have a name brand steel weight buckle that doesn't clamp down well. Barely tug on the excess weight belt that's hanging out of the buckle and it will pop right open. It looks fine and I didn't change the way I loop the belt through the buckle. Is fixable? What might've possibly made it go bad?

probably just got bent. Disadvantage to SS is that they bend, open it all the way and take a pair of pliers and bend it out just a little bit. Make sure it's threaded properly as well, I assume it is, but that can make it not cam down right

yep - i used to borrow a dive belt from the ops we used. until my belt fell off as i entered the water from the boat. it was a metal buckle. it bent until it was loose. my divebuddy was very unhappy as she had to go down and get it.

now i use my own belt and plastic buckle as the plastic buckle will not bend. 800 dives later and no issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom