Weight ideas for an AL 80 Stage Bottle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three, a cave filled 95 for back gas, an 80 stage and a 30 safety bottle.

I want to replace the safety with another 80.
I'm assuming BP/W. Do you mean 4 with a twinset on your back? I know you are not in a cave, but a lake. Doesn't matter really. But as you have a BP/W, why not have a bungee off your bp like many sidemount divers do when switching to backmount to loop around the top of your stage with the bottom clipped off to your belt in a way that it is streamlined?

Now that I think about it, I left a found anchor with a carabiner on top of house boulder. I can set it at the base and use it to anchor the bottle.
I don't know, aluminum cylinders can be kind of floaty. It may not be there when you get back. (for those Captain Nonobvious, I'm joking)

Yeah, I was going to say, if you have a known location that you plan to dump it just find something to tie a loop of cord around and clip your bottle there. Sounds like you know your dive and the area, dropping the bottle should be a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom