weight moulds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have added a few great moulds to my inventory; two of which are appealing to the freediver. They are in the shape of an air foil and offer very little flow resistance. E-Mail me at logicdesign@rogers.com if you are interested. I have many other sizes and shapes as well.
My inventory of weight moulds has increased to 27. They include moulds for weights a light as 8oz up to 5 kilos (11 pounds). I have both one and two piece moulds and can provide instructions on making great weights.

My inventory of weight moulds has increased to 27. They include moulds for weights a light as 8oz up to 5 kilos (11 pounds). I have both one and two piece moulds and can provide instructions on making great weights.

My inventory of weight moulds has increased again to over 30 styles and sizes. My latest is a two pound bullet style that is only 3.5" long. It was introduced on May 11, 2020. My complete line includes moulds for weights a light as 8oz up to 5 kilos (11 pounds). I have both one and two piece moulds and can provide instructions on making great weights. Contact me at logicdesign@rogers.com. The photo below shows everything I have except the latest two pound bullet. If you would like a spec sheet on it, write to me at the address I have given.
2012M.jpg

I got bored and made one at one of my colleges CNC machine.

So how's everybody break down large ingots? I've got a couple 55lb lead ingots (surprisingly small) that I've never used for anything because I don't want to hacksaw them into pieces that will fit into a casting pot.

I've considered torch melting bit by bit while sitting in a baking sheet, then breaking off the thin layer that runs down. Also considered cold chisel. Just curious if there's an old trick to it I haven't heard of.

So how's everybody break down large ingots? I've got a couple 55lb lead ingots (surprisingly small) that I've never used for anything because I don't want to hacksaw them into pieces that will fit into a casting pot.

I've considered torch melting bit by bit while sitting in a baking sheet, then breaking off the thin layer that runs down. Also considered cold chisel. Just curious if there's an old trick to it I haven't heard of.

Your second idea of melting it bit by bit is the only reasonable way. With a good torch it does not take long. However, make sure you direct the flowing lead directly into a melting pot. When you have approx. the amount you need for a weight, you just have to move your torch to the pot, reheat and pour. If you a pouring into an open mould, you can skip the pot and melt right into your mould.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom