Weight pocket options for the transplate harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can get a hard eight and a soft two into my dive rite pouches...I've never tried more than that, but I'm pretty sure I could get 12 per side if they were all soft weights...I have them vertical on my Transpac...
My weight pockets pretty much max out at 8 lbs per side. I've cracked the outside plastic part of the buckle on each side once, and suspect it might be from trying to put too much weight in, which causes the pocket to bend and crack the plastic. I don't overstuff the pockets any more

My weight pockets pretty much max out at 8 lbs per side. I've cracked the outside plastic part of the buckle on each side once, and suspect it might be from trying to put too much weight in, which causes the pocket to bend and crack the plastic. I don't overstuff the pockets any more
Hi Geoff;
Are you using hard or soft weights? I will definitely keep an eye on the buckles, I usually dive with 7 per side, but have occasionally used up to 10... thanks for the heads up!! I've also thought about just slipping a two into the bottom of my utility pouches ( I have one on each side for light, SMB, etc...)

Are you using hard or soft weights?
Soft weights. See 16 lb QB weight pocket buckles for what happened to me. I'm not sure if it's because I overstuffed the weight pockets or wear or stress on the plastic buckles in general. It happened once on each side, and DiveRite's excellent customer service made it all right. But I'm more careful now how much weight I put in the pockets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom