Weight pockets in Mares Hybrid MRS Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattDW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[edit]

So I had some concerns about the integrated weights on this BCD, but actually for the first time I've taken the opportunity to take a look at how the buckle works on the pouch and its filled me with a bit more confidence.

The pouch comes flying out really easy when you tug it by the handle, but actually it can't come out unless you use the red handle (which internally releases a catch).

I'd delete this thread if I could. Wish I'd looked carefully sooner, I've been really panicking about this integrated weight system and not trusting it at all on dives.

[edit]

So I had some concerns about the integrated weights on this BCD, but actually for the first time I've taken the opportunity to take a look at how the buckle works on the pouch and its filled me with a bit more confidence.

The pouch comes flying out really easy when you tug it by the handle, but actually it can't come out unless you use the red handle (which internally releases a catch).

I'd delete this thread if I could. Wish I'd looked carefully sooner, I've been really panicking about this integrated weight system and not trusting it at all on dives.

You just have to make sure your buddy doesn't inadvertently pull it out when doing the buddy check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom