Weight pouches for BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a pair of small weight pouches that can attach to the waist strap of my bpw. They need to be in some way ditchable, though I'm not concerned about being able to do it uber-quickly.

I want to fit up to about 4 lbs in each one, but they need to be small enough not to interfere with my can light or left hip D-ring.

I see the XS Scuba ones. Are there any other options?

I use the XS pockets on my tank bands. They are excellent, and quite a value. Anything that goes beyond that in function (i.e.: QR) is exponentially more expensive.

I use pockets designed for tank bands, but use them on my waist belt.

the one on the left is permanently threaded in, while the one on the right is removed when I have my canister.

There are many brands of weight pouches that can go on your waist strap or tank bands. The challenge if holding them in place is easily overcome with those plastic weight keeper. The weight pockets can't slide over them unlike with the smaller stainless weight keepers.

Have you considered using a wedge weight, rail weight, or STA weight on your backplate? Non ditchable, but you can just throw away your can light LOL Depends how much weight you need to carry.

UTD has a nice set of pockets that can be attached without removing and re-threading your harness.

For what you are looking for I think the xs-scuba would be fine. I have some of those. My wife has some from dive-rite but hasn't dove them yet (she just started her classes). The dive-rites might be more then what you are looking for.

UTD has a nice set of pockets that can be attached without removing and re-threading your harness.

There is an XS Scuba product that does the similar.

FWIW - There are 3 models I am aware of by XS. One is a conventional slide on pocket, one is removable by a velcro flap, and one is slip on with a velcro face to wrap a cam strap over...

I use the Halcyon ACB weight pockets on my single tank rig. They are easy to put on and provide a ditchable weights without any quick releases. My wife has a Zeagle plate with the Zeagle Zip Touch weight pockets. Both systems work as intended.

I use the Dive Rite QR pockets. I've only tried ditching them on land, but they seem like they work just fine. I bought them off the classified section here, and I believe that same seller (bvanant) has another pair available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom