Weighting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrwalsh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So this may be an odd question but work with me for a minute. I am an experienced diver (500+ dives) the last 400 over the last decade have all been with steel 100 or 120 cylinders with the same gear, wetsuit, etc... So I know what weight I need to wear if any. Usually 4lbs with 100's and 2lbs with the 120's.

I will be diving this weekend with aluminum 100's - what is the approximate amount of weight I will need to add? I will try to do a weight check but it may be difficult due to location. I appreciate any insights.

@johndiver999 al100's, not al80's.

@jrwalsh20 it dependson which tanks you have and which AL100. The Luxfer 100 is 3lbs positive, the Catalina is 0.4lbs negative. The PST100's and 120's are ~1.5lbs negative, the Worthington 100's are 3.3lbs negative, the Faber 100's are 0.5lbs negative, and the Faber 120's are .5lbs positive. So it could be anywhere from take a pound off, to add 6lbs depending on which tanks you're changing from.

@johndiver999 al100's, not al80's.

@jrwalsh20 it dependson which tanks you have and which AL100. The Luxfer 100 is 3lbs positive, the Catalina is 0.4lbs negative. The PST100's and 120's are ~1.5lbs negative, the Worthington 100's are 3.3lbs negative, the Faber 100's are 0.5lbs negative, and the Faber 120's are .5lbs positive. So it could be anywhere from take a pound off, to add 6lbs depending on which tanks you're changing from.
Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom