Welcome to the Dork Diver Forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How's the diving? Seen anything cool?
If a spotted eagle ray, a hawksbill sea turtle, lots of spotted morays and a few big green morays, other eels, boatloads of cleaner and banded shrimp, a seahorse, and a ton of amazing fish on all sorts of coral and such add up to anything cool, then I have to say...

Indeed. :biggrin:

If a spotted eagle ray, a hawksbill sea turtle, lots of spotted morays and a few big green morays, other eels, boatloads of cleaner and banded shrimp, a seahorse, and a ton of amazing fish on all sorts of coral and such add up to anything cool, then I have to say...

Indeed. :biggrin:

Cool.......very cool.......

Cool.......very cool.......
How about this for ultimate Dork Diverness: Tonight, moonbasket and I did a night dive from Pink Beach here in Bonaire. We used our dive lights to see the ledge while stepping into the water. Then we used them to signal one circle-OK to start the dive. We also used them to see the ledge once we got back to the beach.

The whole rest of the dive we did by moonlight with nothing but the glow of our gauges. It was like hiking through the forest at night on a moonlit night. I have no idea how to explain how cool it was, but I imagine someone is thinking, "You were diving off a tropical island, and you intentionally did a dive in grainy black and white?" :D

How about this for ultimate Dork Diverness: Tonight, moonbasket and I did a night dive from Pink Beach here in Bonaire.

Sweet... while I've wandered the woods at night like that I've never had the pleasure of a true "moonlight dive"... somthing to aspire to I be thinkin'...

... but the question I have is... "Were yer' snerkles color coordinated with the beach name... " :coffee:

... but the question I have is... "Were yer' snerkles color coordinated with the beach name... " :coffee:
Actually, both moonbasket and I would have to check the "Almost never use a snorkel." option on the dive gear survey, so the answer to that question would be an unqualified "N/A". :biggrin: (You *can* still be a DD even if you abhor wearing a snorkel during a scuba dive; you just can't begrudge anyone of wearing theirs if that's what *they* want.)

Of course, lest you fear, my backplate's webbing, my compass and computer mounts, my mask strap, and various other bits of gear are bright pink. I think I probably fit in quite well enough with the name. :rofl3:

Of course, lest you fear, my backplate's webbing, my compass and computer mounts, my mask strap, and various other bits of gear are bright pink. I think I probably fit in quite well enough with the name. :rofl3:

Pink webbing??? SWWWwweeeeeeT! I'm seein' some major karma happin'in here...

I've been on the board for a while and wondered what Dork Divers were. Came over to have a look. Quite surprised to find out I'm a Dork Diver! :dork2: :dork2: :dork2:

If I'm not getting paid to do it, I should be having fun. If I'm paying to do it then I DEFINITELY should be having fun. Safe is good but safe and fun is better. :wink:

Darrell

By the way, the "SCUBA BOARD" at Golden Reef Inn in Bonaire is now decorated with an oval Dork Diver sticker. :biggrin:

Clay, I will take a picture and post it! It was GREAT meeting you while you were here!!!!

Liz

Question. I love tech. I love deep, and I love caves. And gear. And all the rest of it. I have, however, done the following:

#1. Used my HID as a light-saber during a sinkhole dive.
#2. Done the chicken dance at a safety stop. More than once.

Does this count?

Back
Top Bottom