Welcome to the Pacific Northwest Orca Bait forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix once bubbled...
I'm over in the NW quite a bit, a bit far from the coast, but i should be going to Hoodsport for a long weekend of diving on Jan 1st - 4th, and may be moving to ID soon, so ill be sure to keep an eye in here :)

We dive Hoodsport quite a bit. Where you staying and diving? And whereabouts in Idaho are you headed?

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

We dive Hoodsport quite a bit. Where you staying and diving? And whereabouts in Idaho are you headed?

MD

MechDiver,

Maybe we will cross paths at the Canal this weekend I will be there on Saturday Pulali, Rosies and Sponge Hill Flag Pole Point.

-SS

I think its called the Divers Inn
its a trip organised by the dive shop i visited in Boise called Divemagic

Im over again at christmas new years and there trip fell in that time frame, so i figured what the heck, ill go! :)
Ill probably be going to Boise/Nampa area, not sure when yet though :)

Scubasonic once bubbled...

MechDiver,

Maybe we will cross paths at the Canal this weekend I will be there on Saturday Pulali, Rosies and Sponge Hill Flag Pole Point.

-SS

We're heading over Thursday and will be diving with PacAdventure Friday for two, and Saturday morning. He has a reef class going Saturday, so we only get one tank that day. No idea where we'll go that morning, but we may try for Rosies, as Pulali is too far for one tank. We're staying in Potlatch so will most likely head to Sund Saturday PM. I will be with a newbie who's trying to expand her experience so no mix dives this weekend :upset:

I will, hopefully, get to try Doc's brand new E8-130's though Saturday morning :) Shame he won't be there, heh heh.

I'm going to talk with Don about doing Sponge Hill. He said you have to watch current and weather, but sounds like a good dive.

MD

..Pulali, Rosies and Sponge Hill Flag Pole Point?

I can look them up on the charts if I know what to look for.

(Wish I could join you on Saturday SS but we already have plans to dive over here.)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
..Pulali, Rosies and Sponge Hill Flag Pole Point?

I can look them up on the charts if I know what to look for.

(Wish I could join you on Saturday SS but we already have plans to dive over here.)

Uncle Pug,

Pulali is in Dabob bay in Hood Canal N 47 44.310 W 122 51.095
Rosies Ravine is South of Pulali about 3 miles N 47 37.932 W 122 56.470.

Sponge Hill is kinda a not known dive.... straight out from Triton cove in the middle of the Canal and is a DEEP dive starts at about 120ft South of Rosies by about a mile or so.

Flag Pole Point is just south of Mike's Beach resort can't miss it has a point with a flag on it. would give you coodinates but then I'd have to kill you !!! :eek:ut: :eek:ut: no really my GPS is on the boat otherwise I would give them to you.

-SS

There is a map out called "Great Dive Sites of Washingtons Inland Waters" gives coordinates and a brief Description of the dive along with a map.....and these coordinates are dead on and is a great resource for diving. Has dives from South Hood Canal all the way up to Canada 136 in all, and is only 15 bucks. I had one laminated and stays on the boat, one at my office in a frame (they are that nice) and one at home, (obsessed I know) put out by a guy named Russell Helsley I know he is member of northwestdiver.com but that's all I know most of the local dive shops have a copy.... well worth the money.

-SS

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I've got 'em. Take a bit to get Uncle Pug over there. I'll just need to do those dives with you. :D

=-) ANYTIME !!! =-)

-SS

Phoenix once bubbled...
I think its called the Divers Inn
its a trip organised by the dive shop i visited in Boise called Divemagic

Im over again at christmas new years and there trip fell in that time frame, so i figured what the heck, ill go! :)
Ill probably be going to Boise/Nampa area, not sure when yet though :)

It's not the Divers Inn any longer, the stupid county made them take down the sign because of some stupid regulation. We call it the Yellow House. Great place, and made for divers!

Boise is far far from saltwater :upset: . And very hot in the summer!

I see you've got adv nitrox/deep. Do you dive doubles?

MD

Back
Top Bottom