Welcome to the Princeton Tec Q&A Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Princeton Tec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Welcome to the Princeton Tec Forum. We wanted to give all of our users a chance to ask questions, get suggestions, post reviews, and generally just hear about our products all across the board. We've got a lot of things happening for 2009 and we want you all to be part of it!

PT

How long can I expect an RMA to take on a shockwave LED to take for a broken switch?

RMA's can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks from start to finish depending on a number of factors, including where your product is being shipped from, how it is shipped, and how quickly the product can be repaired. Also, depending on the switch, we can send a replacement switch if you have the tools to repair it.

Hello Princeton Tec guys!

I am a bit disappointed!:depressed: I have just bought a Shockwave LED light and it leaked straight out of the hat! I swear it! It was not my fault! I took it as it was given to me by the shop owner and took it underwater and boom!

I have returned it to the shop where I got it from several days ago. I hope that you can either fix the problem or send me a different one.

(My spare Princeton Tec light that my buddy found at the bottom of the ocean about a year ago still works fine:))

Good night

Most often the problem with leaking is over tightening. When the lens cap is cranked down, it can cause the plastic and o-ring to warp, thus breaking the seal and causing leaks. However, there may have been some unknown issue and Princeton Tec always stands by our products.

My suggestion is to return your product to the dive shop you bought the light from or contact us directly and we'll provide instructions for returning your Shockwave to get repaired.

...However, there may have been some unknown issue and Princeton Tec always stands by our products.

"Always" may be the wrong word. Try "always and forever". I purchased two Tec 400 lights in 1984 (Orange body with magnetic switch). At the time I was told that it had a lifetime guarantee. In the intervening years and hundreds of dives, I have had the light flood once or twice and in one case the switch wore out. I always have received a replacement light from princeton tec. No problems, no hassles, just turned the light in to my LDS and received a replacement. I just received another light to replace the one that flooded in August. That light had to be 15 years old and was a replacement for one of the original orange lights. You guys are the Craftsmen tools of the diving world. I want to say "thanks" for your great service.

I have a Torrent (xenon?) and on the first dive the bulbe shattered. Not flooded or hit, so I can't explain why, but I wondered if this light can be converted to LED's?

I have a Torrent (xenon?) and on the first dive the bulbe shattered. Not flooded or hit, so I can't explain why, but I wondered if this light can be converted to LED's?

Typically bulbs shatter due to high impact (dropped, smacked, thrown, etc.) or were damaged during shipping (they will arrive broken). Bulbs are available at your local Princeton Tec Dealer. This is essentially LED's have become so popular: no bulb to break.

The Torrent LED retails at $64.99 and it will be easier to purchase this product than to try to purchase an "upgrade" (the upgrade would end up costing you more, if an upgrade was available).

Back
Top Bottom