Welcome to the SCUBAPRO forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On behalf of SCUBAPRO, I would like to welcome you to our scubaboard.com forum. We pledge do our best to quickly and accurately address your questions and concerns. I would also like to extend our most sincere thanks to all our fans for continuing to choose SCUBAPRO because after all; Deep Down, You Want the Best.

HI Kate

I'm looking at buying a new computer and am tossing up between a Galileo Luna or Sol, at the moment I can get a Luna for half the price of the Sol, so my question is "is the Sol twice as good as the Luna so should I spend the extra money" and "with a firmware upgrade does the Luna get close to the Sol's performance". As am strating to take my diving further and would like to buy something that will do me for the long term.

Thanks

Ash

I have a Sol for myself and a Luna for my son... Not sure I would say the Sol is twice as good but I do occasionally use the heartrate monitor and with some non-TriMix dives I do use the multi-gas switching. Both are awesome 'normal' dive computers.

Not sure if the Luna will be eligible for the TriMix upgrade but if it is I would go for the Luna. Then you can buy a second Luna as a backup eventually. :)

The Sol has seen me through 500+ dives since I got it when it was first introduced. And it makes a great gauge on my TriMix dives -- can't wait until the new firmware is out.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.675790,-122.300938

The Luna is a Sol with two features turned off. It is the same except that it does not have the heart rate feature and multi - tank ( 3 transmitter pairing function ) feature. Before the price reduction, the upgrade price was the same as if you purchased a Sol. Now, it is almost double. So if you think that you want the above features in the future then buy a sol.

I believe the tri-mix firmware will only be free for the Sol.

The Luna is Black, the Sol silver.

Anymore questions?

Hi ashnoble75,
The choice between a Luna and a Sol, is really determined by whether you think you will use the Heart Rate Monitor and PMG (multiple Nitrox mixes) features. Once these 2 features are added to a Luna, it is exactly the same as a Sol. All upgrade retail pricing is set by the authorized dealer.

Happy new year kate, I was going to post that you mentioned closed for holidays but you back. also is scubapro harry on your team to answer ?'s or is this just your thread and he will have his own thread, and will both be answering threads together?

SCUBAPRO Harry, myself: KateSCUBAPRO and Brad SCUBAPRO are your question-answering team as of right now. Please limit PM questions to one of us, or post a new thread if you have a question unrelated to any of the existing forum threads, that is also appropriate to a manufacturer's forum and one of us will answer you as soon as possible.

SCUBAPRO Harry, myself: KateSCUBAPRO and Brad SCUBAPRO are your question-answering team as of right now. Please limit PM questions to one of us, or post a new thread if you have a question unrelated to any of the existing forum threads, that is also appropriate to a manufacturer's forum and one of us will answer you as soon as possible.

To the entire Scubapro team, welcome to ScubaBoard. I look forward to your post.

Back
Top Bottom