Welcome to We Are Water Project by Jill Heinerth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We Are Water is one of the most important projects I have ever been involved in. For the first time in history, fresh water has become a scarce resource and many experts agree that, without significant changes in water policy, wars of the 21st century may be fought, not over oil, but for control of clean water.

I’ve lived an amazing life, full of incredible opportunities to travel and explore the remarkable water resources on our planet. As an artist, I have a unique opportunity to show people these magical places that few have ever experienced.

We Are Water is a documentary film and transmedia project that is going to help people fully understand their connection to water. Water literacy teaches the population about where their water comes from, how they unintentionally pollute it and how they can conserve it for future generations.

Using imagery I’ve shot from inside the arteries of our planet, I want to bring the message home about taking care of the lifeblood of earth and humanity.

I’d like to use this forum to engage people. I want to hear about how you are celebrating your connection with water. I want to hear about successes in your hometown, victories at the office or challenges your region faces. We’re all fortunate to belong to a community that cherishes their time in the water. Hopefully, together we can inspire the next generation to embrace their water resources and understand how critical they are to the health of humankind.

Jill Heinerth
www.WeAreWaterProject.com

Jill,

Congrats on your latest project; I wish you well in this and any future endeavors you may undertake.

As a Kaliforian I am aware of the importance of water-- recall the words to that popular song of years past..."it never rains in Soothern California?"

Water is very important to California and with the influx of new imigrants it is becoming even more important. I recall as a youth how clear our costal water was- Now with all the increased number of sewage treatment plants, the 40 million people flushing and the run off of 40 milliom lawns our coastal water is marginal in purity and always with reduced visability. This is only in my state...I suspect it is pandemic..

Good luck, and recall those six US Diver posters of long ago "It's a mans world"

Cheers from a hill over looking the wild Pacific,

Sam Miller

Thanks for the well wishes Sam. I think this is truly the most important thing I have ever done and it will take the rest of my life! I'm working on getting the web site up and started in the next couple of weeks and finishing up trailers for the film. Its all good!

You speak of great wisdom and experience. I have not had as much time on this earth yet, but if I can contribute half as much as you have to this industry, then I will be grateful.

Stay well my friend!

Jill

Jill,

Congrats on your latest project; I wish you well in this and any future endeavors you may undertake.

I think this is truly the most important thing I have ever done and it will take the rest of my life!
The world needs more people like you :giveusahug:

Water pollution is worse than we already know. Just look at my signature line for a small issue. Visiting the waste water treatment plant was an eye opener. Fortunately they are taking the kids today there for tours. Education is 90% of the battle.

Surfrider Foundation does a great job with water too :)

We shot a wastewater treatment plant for a documentary I did a few years back... very eye opening indeed! You are so right about kids... give them the information and they really get it!
Jill

Just a post to keep this message current. This will be a HUGE battle in the years to come and it falls to us to make the preparations so that this precious resource is protected. Just as we'd protect sharks or whales, we need to protect our water systems. So, if you can contribute money to the system; do so. If you can't then help by sharing the message; for those that work in or own a dive shop, ask if you can post a flier (They've posted some good images for this here.) or simply tell your friends! If everyone tells just one new person per week, the message will double in size weekly, thats huge. So thanks Jill for all you do, keep on trucking.

Daniel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom