well dressed diver 1967

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dacor (dart) ?

Yeah, it's a wonder how we survived. No BC, no SPG, no pressure gauge, no computer, no wet/dry suite, no octopus regulator, no knife, no inflatable life jacket, no compass, no diver below marker. But I'm still here, lol

Hey, what do you mean "no knife" and in our cool waters I had a 7mm farmer john. Back in the 60s I had the biggest, meanest dive knife I could find to fight off the great white sharks. Never saw one until I stopped carrying it!

Here let me fix that for ya: I still use that very mask and fins.
I still own the fins and my daughter uses them from time to time. That was 1969 and my feet are a lot bigger than when I was 12.

because of the way we dived then ...instructors and dive-masters have to have insurance now.

What's that orange thing behind his ear? Looks like some sort of a snack... carrot... but it certainly breaks the whole minimalist vibe if he's going to put it in his mouth for any reason.

Snorkel for sure, I still have, and use, mine with remnants of the orange band with logo, I'll check and see if I can make out the manufacturer.

Back in the 60s I had the biggest, meanest dive knife I could find to fight off the great white sharks. Never saw one until I stopped carrying it!

I'm still wearing mine, and I hope my luck holds as well as yours did.

Bob

Back in the 60s I had the biggest, meanest dive knife I could find to fight off the great white sharks. Never saw one until I stopped carrying it!

I'm still wearing mine, and I hope my luck holds as well as yours did.

The biggest problem with dive knives in general, and BFKs specifically, is they come as dull as a butter knife and not many of us knows how to sharpen them. At least a dull BFK can be used as a hammer or club.

At least a dull BFK can be used as a hammer or club.

Or prybar. I manage to keep mine as sharp as stainless gets, but have to be carefull I don't cut the plastic sheath and lose the knife.

Bob

i still carry my scuba-pro B.K.F....it has a serrated section and measuring ruler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom