well dressed diver 1967

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a very stylish two piece Parkway Sharkskin wetsuit in those days. The company was local for me, and they were making great stuff.

Do you mean the one with the great big P on the chest? Like this?

Scuba Diving - Willow Grove - 1965 - 7 - 1.jpg

The biggest problem with dive knives in general, and BFKs specifically, is they come as dull as a butter knife and not many of us knows how to sharpen them. At least a dull BFK can be used as a hammer or club.

Made great Ab irons.

Not any more, fish & game defines them as too sharp! Ab season is closed this year anyway :(

Besides, anyone that isn't taking them by hand has not been at it long enough.

Bob

I still have my mask and dived with it until just a couple of years ago. I miss diving in the waffle weave thermal shirt. Also diving Bonaire, I carried a pair of sneakers with me on the dive so I could get out on the iron shore. Yep, those were the days.

Yeah, it's a wonder how we survived. No BC, no SPG, no pressure gauge, no computer, no wet/dry suite, no octopus regulator, no knife, no inflatable life jacket, no compass, no diver below marker. But I'm still here, lol

We had knives.

Snorkel for sure, I still have, and use, mine with remnants of the orange band with logo, I'll check and see if I can make out the manufacturer.
Bob

Mine is a White Stag. Bought it about '67 or '68. I'm still diving with it, as you can see in my avatar :) The orange diver's flag sticker on the top still looks good.

If this is supposed to be nostalgia I'd better start making some changes. My Parkway suit is hanging on the door of my "dive shop" waiting for an adjustment (around the mid-section).

Back
Top Bottom