Well, I'm taking the plunge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well guys and galls of the PPD, it's now official that I'm going to be doing my DM course in Puerto Galera as many of you suggested to me! Following BabyD's advice, I contacted Ethei of the Dive-dojo and talked it over with him a bit. He was very nice and seems to really know his stuff, on top of being highly recommended, so I said lets go and do this thing!!!!! :D:D:D As BabyD mentioned, it's important to get a competent instructor for this type of course, so I put an X on Malapascua. Oh yeah, the isolation of the island also got me thinking about it...:D:D

Anyways, I'm going for 5 weeks and my girlfriend is coming to meet me for the last 2. Hopefully we'll get some time to visit a bit at the end. I was even thinking of a quick trip to Donsol to snorkel with the sharks( Anybody know how long this is by bus)? All I need to settle now is my plane tickets (my original plan of using airmiles to get to LA and take it from there was foiled; no more airmiles reserved seats left!:shakehead:). Oh yeah and lodging. Does anybody have any recommendations for budget long-term (1 month) accomodation in PG? All I need is a failry clean room with a fan and preferably a toilet (in case I get sick:no). I also heard about something in the area called a "Baranguay", which seems to be a rental house or something of the sort. Anybody know about these? Any advice? Anyways, Ethei the instructor is looking out for something and basically suggested me getting there first and then seing from there.

I just wanted to thank everybody here who helped me out with all my questions, either by answering, or by hijacking my thread (causing much entertainment).:coffee: It was really great to have you all there for support! My trip should be around mid february to mid march. If ever any of you are in PG at that time, make sure to drop by and say hi or contact me! I'll be the one without a tan!:rofl3: We can go for a few beers!:coffee:

The only sad thing about doing a long course like this is I won,t get to visit all the different diving areas of the Philippines!:( Oh well...

Thanks Jonix, I'll be doing the course with Dive-dojo in Sabang. So I suppose I'll be found there pretty often!!:coffee: See ya there maybe!

Nice Codman! Have fun. When is your trip?

I said before, the DM I met was staying a couple months at Sunsplash resort in small la laguna. I'm at school right now but I can post their number later if you want to check them out.

And yes, they have a toilet. :D

my dive buddy/DM rented this place that is smacked right in Sabang central (but well, its quite high up so you can see the ocean from the balcony and is free from the loud music of the bars in the evening).

it's about Php6k or Php7k a month, inclusive of water and electricity (it is airconditioned). it has its own bathroom. some cooking appliances, television, refrigerator, cabinets, bed and beddings (of course). the rent also is inclusive of the service of a middle-age nice lady that cleans the place as often as you want to. you only have to ask her.

he's back in denmark now so give me a few days and il get the contact number of the family that owns that place (there are two units). they are also part owner of the famous broadway bar. :D

and oh, the cleaning lady also changes the bedsheet when it needs changing.

pretty cool, huh? :D

well, don't you guys change your beddings at all? after a while, it does get dirty. :rofl2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom