Wenoka squeeze lock knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cranstonjdc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
IS this a decent dive knife? Is it worth the 20 dollars more to get titanium instead of steel? does it stay is sheath?

Yes. and Yes. Mine is holding up very well and cuts just fine. I have the titanium compact knife - not the big squeeze version. Of the knives I've owned for scuba, this is my fav.

It's my favourite dive knife as well. The beta alloy titanium is corrosion proof and keeps a good edge. I haven't had any issues with it staying put in its sheath, but a short length of bungie cord threaded through the handle and over the sheath might allay your concerns.

Sadamune

A compact Wenoka squeeze knife is one of the few original pieces of gear that I've stuck with over the years... I have the stainless version... very good knife... and mine has never rusted or came out of it's sheath on it's own.

another vote for the "compact" Ti wenoka squeeze, I like it a lot....I especially like its small size, had it for two years still looks new...

I've had mine for 12 years now and still love it. Easy to use, especially with drysuit gloves, no struggle to put back in the sheath. Kept its edge and no rust.

I have the titanium Wenoka squeeze bcd knife and It is a great knife but I just recently bought a titanium SeaSword off ebay for around $20 and it is every bit as nice as the Wenoka. In fact I think the locking mechanism is actually more secure.

I have the compact also. I love it. Fits right on my BC (Seaquest balance).... Sharp, stays put. I've only had it with me on 5 dives so far so can't comment too much... I've been a knife fan my whole life though and can say the quality is there. I got the titanium and this is what I would recommend.

It's my favourite dive knife as well. The beta alloy titanium is corrosion proof and keeps a good edge. I haven't had any issues with it staying put in its sheath, but a short length of bungie cord threaded through the handle and over the sheath might allay your concerns.

Sadamune

100% agree, same for me. I too have the "compact" Ti version. I used a small length of bungee which hooks under the sheath as a "just in case" but have not had any problems, the bungee also acts as a lanyard. Its a great knife, highly recommend.

Oops sorry just realised I already posted on this thread.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom