Went looking for Ship's Anchor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
My daughters and I went up to Newport for the day. The weather was terrific, ocean had been settling all week so the visibility was fantastic. I got in three dives in what I was anticipating to be some very good conditions. Almost no rain in a week, wind from the North made for some awesome calm water. One of the best diving days so far this year. The Water temp was 68F max depth 36 fsw. Bottom time 38 minutes. I entered the water about an hour and a half before max high tide. there was about 15 or 20 minutes of surface swimming going out and coming in.

The girls were snorkeling while I was diving off of Green Bridge. I was kind of looking for a ships anchor I found a few years ago, but I wasn't very serious about it when I was finally out there. The Gopro knock off worked really well and I am starting to like it even better than my original 3+. I put together this little video of the dive. I am going to make another one from the snorkeling I did with the girls.

I also did a night dive with my friend Jordan, but I am not sure the video is really good enough. We were in the sandy beach cove of Wetherill and it was really filled with plankton and it was pretty hard to see. The girls who were using one of Jordan's lights, thought it was epic snorkelling. Especially after I told them to do it without the light on. They were shocked at all the bioluminescence. I wish I had a way to capture bioluminescence on video...

Here is A video that documents the first dive out on Green Bridge:

[video=youtube;485VSGSzN5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=485VSGSzN5I[/video]

Great video Rich! GB at it's best. That's why I keep going back there after all these decades to catch days like that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom