Wes Skiles' Widow Looking For 25 Million from Lamartek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So +/- a year or so, when might this finally reach a verdict?
The verdict is reached. Lamartek was not at fault, and prevailed. This is the appeal. The appeal is only on 2 points I believe, and that is that Skiles might not have been high on 2 of the 22 drugs the defense alleged.

The verdict is reached. Lamartek was not at fault, and prevailed. This is the appeal. The appeal is only on 2 points I believe, and that is that Skiles might not have been high on 2 of the 22 drugs the defense alleged.

Oops, actually I knew that but I asked the wrong question. How long until this appeal gets a verdict?

Oops, actually I knew that but I asked the wrong question. How long until this appeal gets a verdict?

Years maybe?

I'm told that in cases heard in Florida, if the defendant wins, and then the court finds that the lawsuit was frivolous, and if the defendants tried to settle and were refused, they can collect from the lawyers.
Only lawyers, or also "experts" ?

*hopes the rebreathers can finally get some peace*

Only lawyers, or also "experts" ?

*hopes the rebreathers can finally get some peace*
Nope, Alex will appear in the next episode of "rebreather diver kills self and family sues everyone except rebreather diver" coming in March 2018. Stay tuned.

Not always true. A plaintiff’s attorney working on a contingency basis can spend a considerable amount of money which is lost if they lose the case.

Back
Top Bottom