West Hill Pond, Can I dive it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Fabrizi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been trying to find out if I can dive West Hill Pond in New Hartford. The only numbers posted are for CT DEEP and when you call it a just an answering machine, so I know I will never hear back. I did find a post that indicated diving at Brodie Park, when I called them they told me they don't allow diving there and didn't know of any other location. Has anyone been diving there recently and can tell me where and if I can dive there. My son got certified in July and we went to one lake but I want to get him a bit deeper and start using a hood. The lake we dove last week was in the 80's so event at 15ft it was warm.

Thank You!

Is this what you are looking for? The. DEEP has tons of charts of lakes and ponds.
https://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/general_information/lakebathymetrymaps.pdf
I would suggest any place that allows public boating you can look up the park website and see what it says. A person on the phone has will likely say whatever pops into their head. Never seen a diver? No diving allowed. And if you get a ticket after being told it was okay, you can’t hold them accountable.
Bathymetry_With_Aerial_West_Hill_Pond.pdf

Squantz Pond used to have a dedicated area for scuba divers. My info is old though and you will need to double check.

Thanks Everyone, I did get a hold DEEP and they gave me a list of sites in CT and also told me that there is no diving from boat launch. I guess we will go back to Bigalow Hollow. This will be my son's second dive since cert, next stop will be either Back beach in Rockport or some where in RI.

Thanks Again.

Have you looked into Killingly Pond, Killingly CT? Its on the CT/RI border. Average vis is 10-15 feet and max depth around 20 feet. Plenty of bass to see plus lots of stone walls and other man made rock piles. One of my favorite freshwater spots.

New England dive out of Wallingford did one there on September 30th that was open to everyone. They have the story I think

Back
Top Bottom