West Palm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was going on a dive trip with my LDS but seems that is not going to happen. I have to dive so I was wondering where the best place to find a hotel would be. Not sure who I will be diving with so I need someone that will possibly take a single diver and hopefully have a DM/guide in the water that maybe I could buddy up with...
Not real picky about hotel as long as it is clean and safe...
Thanks,
Lynn

You can dive with scubatyme but they don't have a dm in te water. Also toucan check out little deeper dive charter. They do send a dm in the water. As far as a place to stay, talk to te charter cause they might have a diver rate with some of the hotels. I know scubatyme has a deal with the resort there.

Lynn,

I am diving West Palm or Jupiter on the 29th-3rd probably 3-4 times, PM me if you want a buddy. My wife has back to back conventions on Orlando and she is a non-diver, so I have dive time galore that week.

I plan on 2 days with Jim Abernathy. They do have a DM in the water, as its drift dives and the DM gets to tow a flag. They are pretty cool if you want to separate from the group. As I said inthe other thread, go for Nitrox. I will probably do a day or two with other ops for variety.

+1 on Jim Abernathy...have dove with them and really recommend them. I've stayed at the Travelodge on Blue Heron several times...very close to JA location, where they launch from, and from Blue Heron Bridge, which you don't want to miss diving! It's close, clean, safe and cheap.

SeaSpray Inn on Singer Island near BHB is decent and sorta inexpensive too--they always have a coupon in the motel books along the road. Another possibility is a Super8 on US1 about 2 miles north of Blue Heron Blvd. A short distance north of Blue Heron you drive into a much nicer area than Riviera Beach, namely North Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. Try the Brass Ring Pub for a burger about a mile north on US1............Force E, Pura Vida, Abernathy, and many more dive boats and dive shops are in the area.

Another possibility is a Super8 on US1 about 2 miles north of Blue Heron Blvd. A short distance north of Blue Heron you drive into a much nicer area than Riviera Beach, namely North Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens.

I've recently decided that this Super8 is a better spot than the Travelodge on Blue Heron. I've stayed at both multiple times. For some reason, I had had it in my mind that the Super8 was further away (from BHB). Not only is it probably a bit closer, but the drive is "nicer". Just checked rates via Hotel.com and it comes out at 48 bucks a night versus Travelodge at 42 this time of year. They have almost identical breakfast fare - pretty weak. :D

Kevin

You can dive with scubatyme but they don't have a dm in te water. Also toucan check out little deeper dive charter. They do send a dm in the water. As far as a place to stay, talk to te charter cause they might have a diver rate with some of the hotels. I know scubatyme has a deal with the resort there.

Scubatyme is in south Broward County. At least 50 miles from Palm Beach Inlet.

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I was going on a dive trip with my LDS but seems that is not going to happen. I have to dive so I was wondering where the best place to find a hotel would be. Not sure who I will be diving with so I need someone that will possibly take a single diver and hopefully have a DM/guide in the water that maybe I could buddy up with...
Not real picky about hotel as long as it is clean and safe...
Thanks,
Lynn

South Florida Dive Journal's website references several options for rooms in the surrounding area complete with directions with obtaining the best pricing offered to visiting divers. You will have a great visit!

South Florida Dive Journal.

I used to stay at a Comfort Inn Or Comfort Suites not sure which but it was just west of I95 off of
Palm Beach Gardens Blvd exit 71. Blue Heron Blvd is exit 76 so 5 miles up to Blue Heron Blvd.
Kind of a relaxing courtyard type pool area and seemed reasonably clean and safe. I have dove two
charters in the area but would have only average reviews based on just one outing with each.

Many of the north Palm Beach operators put a DM in the water. Examples include Jupiter Dive Center, Jim Abernathy, Scuba Club, Narcosis, etc. I also believe that Scuba Works (in Jupiter) also puts a DM in the water. I dive with Jupiter Dive Center the most, but have been out with all these operators except Scuba Works and all are quality operations.

Many of the north Palm Beach operators put a DM in the water. Examples include Jupiter Dive Center, Jim Abernathy, Scuba Club, Narcosis, etc. I also believe that Scuba Works (in Jupiter) also puts a DM in the water. I dive with Jupiter Dive Center the most, but have been out with all these operators except Scuba Works and all are quality operations.

Yes, Scuba Works usually has username Amazz working as the DM. A cute redhead. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom