West Virginia Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This club looks the closest to WV.

Any other WV divers?

I am North Central WV, close to Western MD and southWest PA.

Been diving Mount Storm, Tygart, Deep Creek and few other local lakes.

Want to dive Somersville lake sometime soon. My regular buddies are my teenage sons and they seem to be to busy with their social lives to dive with dad as much as I would like.

mike

WVMike once bubbled...
This club looks the closest to WV.

Any other WV divers?

I am North Central WV, close to Western MD and southWest PA.

Been diving Mount Storm, Tygart, Deep Creek and few other local lakes.

Want to dive Somersville lake sometime soon. My regular buddies are my teenage sons and they seem to be to busy with their social lives to dive with dad as much as I would like.

mike

Hi Mike,

A friend of the family just moved to Morgantown, WV from Pacific Northwest and we're planning on diving Mt. Storm sometime this summer. Sorry could not be of help regarding Somersville lake, not sure exactly myself where that is. I'm sure someone from this group would know. Welcome to the group.

Dan
"Dive Safe But Dive Always"

DanBo once bubbled...

we're planning on diving Mt. Storm sometime this summer. Sorry could not be of help regarding Somersville lake, not sure exactly myself where that is. .

Dan
"Dive Safe But Dive Always"

Hi Dan, let me know when you go to Mount Storm, I might just be there. Somersville lake is in central WV, about 2 hours south of Morgantown.

Have your friend get in touch I can show them around.

Mike

I dive Mt Storm regularly especially in the winter when it's warm water allows us to extend our season.

August issue of Dive Training Magazine has a nice article in it on Mt Storm. I especially like it because it features my picture doing surface support for a winter dive we did up there in Feb '02 and a quote by me!

Dave D

I guess I need to check the board more often. Hey if anybody wants to do Saturday or Sunday dives at Mt. Storm, let me know. I haven’t been there since 1992 (got certified there). I’d like to do a bit more fresh water diving and I’d like to do Mt. Storm again.

Guess I’ll have to break down and go to Millbrook with you guys sometime.

WVMike,

How was diving Deep Creek? Been there a few times, but never been underwater. How’s Mo-town? Same as always I guess. I’m hoping to get to a Mountaineer game again this year.

Daryl

Kosh once bubbled...
How was diving Deep Creek? Been there a few times, but never been underwater. How’s Mo-town? Same as always I guess. I’m hoping to get to a Mountaineer game again this year.

Daryl

The students just came back so Mo-town is crazy again with traffic and noise. The EERS are practicing!

Deep Creek Lake is cold and milky. We shore dive and it is hard to find a place to enter, and lots of boat traffic. So you got to want to dive.

Mike

I'm from Romney, WV - we dive @ Mt. Storm ALMOST every weekend and a lot of evenings during the week. If anyone needs dive buddies drop me an email. We have a rescue/recovery dive team in training and a few of us are plain freaks about diving any time. home: h11biohaz@charter.net my work email: jaeckerson@cji.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom