Western Kentucky New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx Bob and Tammy,

I guess there is nothing worse than a newbie who doesn't know anything and wants to do everything.lol Bob, I am starting my classes this weekend for my SSI Open Water C-Card. I am taking my classes at Aquatech Scuba Center in Evansville with Larry Babcock. They have been super in getting me ready. I already have the basics, fins, mask, snorkel, boots, and have the course book finished already!!

Tammy, thanks for the invitation. I plan on being at the quarry quite a bit, looking for someone to be brave enough to dive with me a little.

There will be a group at Pennyroyal this weekend. I will be one of them and I think Bob is planning on as well. If all else fails come and socialize.
Bob is the one in the Pennyroyal video on their web site. I am the one that shot it.

Yea, John. If your not doing anything Saturday, come on down and hang out with us.

Thx Bob and Tammy,

I guess there is nothing worse than a newbie who doesn't know anything and wants to do everything.lol Bob, I am starting my classes this weekend for my SSI Open Water C-Card. I am taking my classes at Aquatech Scuba Center in Evansville with Larry Babcock. They have been super in getting me ready. I already have the basics, fins, mask, snorkel, boots, and have the course book finished already!!

Tammy, thanks for the invitation. I plan on being at the quarry quite a bit, looking for someone to be brave enough to dive with me a little.

Diving with a new diver doesn't bother me one bit. I actually quite enjoy it:blinking:.

Your instructors, Bob & Rena Schleter are excellent. They have been kind enough to mentor me through becoming a Dive Con & my instructorship. I have worked with them for the past 2yrs or so. I can guarantee you'll have fun in the class.

If there is anything I can do to help you with your class, or answer any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks everyone for their support and invitations. I would like to come to the quarry but if all goes as planned I will be in class starting in 29hrs...lol and then Sunday as well. Classes again next weekend and then hoping to get my open water dive next month when the water warms up some they say. It wouldn't surprise me if I wasn't down there waiting on my dives just to see everyone and put some faces to the kindness. Everyone be safe this weekend and have fun!!!

If you're at the shop very much, you'll see me plenty. I'm there anytime I'm not working my "real" job. Like I said earlier, I'm in Owensboro also, on the west side behind Audubon Elementary School, off of HWY 60. If I'm ever heading down & you want to come along & share a ride, just let me know. During the summer, I'm there pretty much all the 3/5 weekends I have off. Right now the only weekends I can see I won't be there is in June when I go dive the Oriskany (a sunken aircraft carrier off of Pensicola) & when I go to dive the Galapagos Islands in Aug./ Sept.. Right now I'm trying to put together a dive for the 20th of this month at Pennyroyal. I'm not really posting anything about it right now, as I don't want to steal the thunder of this weekend's planned dives.

Certification update! Just thought I would update everyone that after a cold, low viz, weekend of diving, I got lucky and passed my Open Water SSI class. I want to thank everyone from Larry and his dive shop, Rena and Bob, my instructors and great new friends like Tammy and Bob who have endured countless hours of my questions and stupid ideas. Thx all for a new sport and lifestyle.

Outstanding! Congratulations. I can't wait till you hit a tropical destination like Bonaire or Cozumel.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom