Wet connectable power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m doing some research into building my own external battery for a Drysuit heating vest. What are people using for the wet connection power plug. I can’t seem to find any site that sells these.

I’m guessing light monkey isn’t the company that manufactures these.
What are you asking? You said you couldn’t find a site to purchase, and above are two. No, Light Monkey does not manufacture them.

I’m guessing light monkey isn’t the company that manufactures these.

DiveX is the manufacturer believe it or not. They're not the best, but they are the standard. And they are NOT actually wet mate plugs. I know it says so in the description and they can be, but they do not have a relief port, so you have to be very careful when plugging them in underwater so you don't force water past the seals. Either way if you're going to be doing something, they are the cables to use.
The better ones are made by Teledyne, but they are not "standard" so you probably want to stick with the normal ones.

So to take this thread to its logical conclusion. Any chance of a diy connector that can be fabricated for under 100$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom