Wet suits and dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the octo holder thread, I was told to use the neck bungee. That was not an option. I needed a standard one and made that clear, yet the neck bungee was pushed. Secondary donate is what I have to deal with, but posters didn't seem to get that or care.

Unless you're talking BSAC courses, I don't believe that to be the case. If you can quote standards to the contrary from your training agency, we'd all be interested to see them.

Last edited:
There can be an element of 'its not a battle I need to fight in my intro class.' I'll just deal with the instructor's odd (wrong/outdated/less evolved) views on this subject while they teach me other stuff I need to know.

Edit: deleted post as it was not referencing what it was in reply to... try again...

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The back room is being inundated with reports related to this thread. I've done a quick scan and deleted the most outrageous posts but don't have time at the moment to do a more thorough review. When I do I'm sure more will be deleted or edited as this forum has special rules about friendliness. Until I have time to do so, the thread will be closed to further posts. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have had a chance to do a thorough review of the thread. I've split off the posts about "why dive in a quarry and do you log those dives" to its own thread located here: Why dive in a quarry? Should you log them I deleted all the remaining bickering. On that note I will re-open the thread with this one reminder: There are special rules for this forum. No attacks. No name-callling. Etc. Etc. Etc. It's supposed to be fun and it's supposed to be friendly. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Everyone knows the best answer is birthday suit.

Gotta watch the bluegills in the quarries though. They can get very aggressive. They like to nibble ears. I know someone (a guy) whose nipple was bitten by a bluegill when diving a quarry (warm summer water) without even a rash guard. :D

Gotta watch the bluegills in the quarries though. They can get very aggressive. They like to nibble ears. I know someone (a guy) whose nipple was bitten by a bluegill when diving a quarry (warm summer water) without even a rash guard. :D

@Marie13, glad to see your back in the forum... I thought you may have left for good.

Last edited:
Gotta watch the bluegills in the quarries though. They can get very aggressive. They like to nibble ears.
That they do! We have a very active population at our local site, Fantasy Lake Scuba Park. They make diving there more fun, students (and certified divers) can learn about marine life habits, etc. But I tell first timers - OW students, for example - that the fish are curious, and can appear to be aggressive, and are more than willing to nibble on neoprene. I have been bitten on an ear once in the past as well. That one caught me by surprise, as the fish came from behind me, while I was demonstrating a hover for students. Last season, I was with a group of OW student divers, and I decided to 'play' with a curious bluegill, who was pestering me over a platform where I was having student divers hover, by trying to poke its nose with my finger. And, sure enough, it bit the tip of my finger. :) Plenty of entertainment for my students and CAs!

Was there a sign posted about not breastfeeding the bluegill? There really should be a sign.

The infamous man eating bluegills!!! They get fed hotdogs by some divers over at Haigh, that could present a dangerous situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom