wetsuit Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tigercrane

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I have a 3 mm surfing full wetsuit for surfing in northern california.
Can I use this in Belize? Is it to much?

Also my girlfiend is very petite. 5'2". Would it be difficult for her to rent a wetsuit that fits her well when on Caye Caulker?

Thanks

I was in Belize in March last year, and I was very glad to have a 3 mil shortie most of the time. But after the third dive on each day, I would've liked to have had a full wetsuit or at least a hood.

I'm 5'2" as well and although I took my own, it wouldn't have been hard for me to get a good wetsuit that fit. I only saw shorties with short sleeves (mine has long sleeves), so it might get cool depending on how much diving you do.

CC is a great place to stay and dive. The dive operators I saw had modern, clean stuff.

I as well love to stay and dive CC. I use a Henderson polo style cap it real helps keep me warm and is not to warm.

tigercrane:
Hello

I have a 3 mm surfing full wetsuit for surfing in northern california.
Can I use this in Belize? Is it to much?
Thanks

The question is best answered by you, yourself, Tiger.

The water temps are generaly 78-84 degrees, depending upon the time of your trip. Then you must take into account the number of times per day that you intend to dive- or usualy do dive. If you dive once a day, you may even get away without any exposure suit protection.

Any more than once a day, then you would do well to consult your log book, checking prior temps, exposure protection and comfort level. Only individual past experience will tell!

If your lady buddy is 5'2", that's not all that unusual. If she is larger than a size 8... it may be harder to find a rental suit- and larger than 12... maybe impossible. Not nice, but true.

Beanies are great for any occasion! Diving or partying!

Just back from Belize (Turneffe) and my wife and I both dove with 1mm full suits - we were both fine in the water - but others with similar suits said they got cold sometimes - like RoatanMan said, alot of it depends upon you. I doubt very much you would need more than your 3mm, nor do I think you would be too warm...

BTW - water temp was usually 78 or so, never above 80.

Belize is very warm topsides. You will be very warm between dives even in the spring. However, why chance getting cold while diving. I wear a 3mm hyperstretch full suit anywhere in the Caribbean and I'm never disappointed.

I'm heading to Belize in June as a matter of fact.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom