Wetsuit for fat/big guys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTSkipper once bubbled...
I just picked up a XXXL 5mm Full Suit Henderson titanium Hyperstrech with no modifications from my LSD. I am 6'1" tall and 365 lbs. I can get in and out of the suit in about 1 minute. I could not believe how comfortable it is.

TTSkipper

Getting in and out of that LSD must be like taking a TRIP man!

Guys, I find this thread a little worrying. If you are large due to being muscular or having big bones, more power to you. But if you are obese (and some of the numbers being thrown around in this thread certainly would point to this), what business do you have diving?

Well never heard calling a muscular guy fat/obese or vice versa...so I think this thread is pretty clear. Fat guys need wetsuits too..where to find it.

But for the reason I like to dive...is I am fascinated by the underwaterworld and it looked like a fun and exciting sport to me.

And not sure if you have noticed it..if you do it right diving can be very relaxing and pretty leisurely. Great for me.
Also being underwater you are much lighter and being fat or obese is not such a downside.

Still I think being obese has it's downside in diving too. Besides trouble with equipment , there's some concern about the relationship between fat and nitrogen.

in replying too !! from sasdasdaf
"Guys, I find this thread a little worrying. If you are large due to being muscular or having big bones, more power to you. But if you are obese (and some of the numbers being thrown around in this thread certainly would point to this), what business do you have diving?

first let me say its probably none of your business second its really there business , I am a large guy and I have many many dives and never yet has this affected my diving , I enjoy my diving this is allot of my physical training and if you looking swimming is easier on your body than walking, running , ect ect ect yes I more over weight than I and am working on it, but to be honest its really there business so if you want to work it like you did stay out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 6'1" 300lbs, and i have a Henderson Gold Core 7/5 xxxl. It fits nicely and keeps me warm enough, but I think my next suit will be an Xcel (they have nicer seams). If you go with Henderson, don't be ashamed to opt for the custom fit hyper stretch. I think the extra cash would be worth it in the long run.

About people being too fat to dive, that's ridiculous! If you can carry your own gear without running out of breath and keep from stirring up silt (i.e. use your B.C. rather than swimming at an angle), then by all means join the fun!

I saw an old message, re: big guys looking for wetsuits. I'm basically the same size as you (5'9" and 250#) and wanted to know what size Henderson Hyperstretch did you buy?

Thanks for any info,

Butch Veazey

rickyd:
A buddy of mine just purchased a custom from Aquaflight. About the same price as a rack Henderson Hyperstretch - which I have.

He hasn't yet received it, so no comments on quality, etc.

I love the Hyperstretch - I'm 5'8" and 250# - not exactly a rack fit.

I tried on a Henderson 3mm XXXL Gold Core (no hyperstretch)today, and it fit and felt fine, except for the legs being a little long. I have short legs for somone my size though.
I'm 5'11" and about 275#. The shop didn't have a XXXL Hyperstretch, but I'm going to a different shop that has one tmorrow. I'll let you know what I think about it.

check triple-L. don't have their web address but google has.

Jim

sasdasdaf:
Guys, I find this thread a little worrying. If you are large due to being muscular or having big bones, more power to you. But if you are obese (and some of the numbers being thrown around in this thread certainly would point to this), what business do you have diving?

Why does every single thread seeking equiptment advice end up with the scuba police criticizing someones gear, configuration, training, etc? Should all the oversized divers abandon the water to those more suited to what you think a diver should be?

As far as the suits go, I have a Henderson Hyperstretch that fits both myself and my son comfortably. There is an inch or two in height between us and probably 75 pounds. I am not aware of any other material that will fit such a wide varience in an off the rack suit. What manufacturers and under what trade names make suits similar to the Hyperstretch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom