Wetsuit for Galapagos diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving in Fourth Element Proteus ii (5mm full wetsuit) + 7mm hood + gloves on liveaboard in Oct 2017 there. This suit is comparable to 7mm wet suits from other brands. It was a bit chilly on second dives. I highly recommend to take some extra which you can wear as a underlayer.

My visit was at the end of April, 2018. The water temperature varied from a low of 65 degrees off Isabella at Punta Vicente Roca (Mola molas) to a high of 76-77 degrees at Wolf and Darwin. I wore a Henderson Thermaprene Pro full 7mm with or without a 5/3 hooded vest. I wore 3mm gloves at the coldest sites, though were not needed for holding on. I was warm enough on all the dives and was one of a small number of divers that always warm enough. Many divers were underdressed and got quite cold on many of the dives.

I just got back a couple of weeks ago. I wore a Bare semi-dry, 7mm, and while fairly constrictive with the built in hood, I was very comfortable temperature wise during my dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom