Wetsuit for Sydney Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you are in town and getting wet. I have been dry for medical reasons but hope to be back in the water soon. I'll keep an eye out for a chance to dive with you :) I don't tend to do boat dives here tho. There are so many great shore dives, I save the $ for dive trips :)

I was in last Saturday off Kurnell with Abyss, water temp 18. I had my 5 with a 3 shorty over the top. 3mm gloves and hood. Was good until the last 5 mins of 2nd dive.
Everyone on the dive had something under their suit for that little extra.
Yeah, I plan to test the water this Friday. I went to Abyss last week and the guys there said it would be OK with just the 5mm... Let's see...

Can't do Friday dives as I have a real job :-D
Planning to do their Seal dive on the 2nd July.
Yeah, I imagined not many people would be able to join as well. But as my wife was transferred, she is the one doing the work now and I am playing housewife... So weekends currently are for looking for apartments, etc. until I get settled and with a job, I will only have weekdays. Though the Seal Dive seems something to not be missed!

Glad to hear you are in town and getting wet. I have been dry for medical reasons but hope to be back in the water soon. I'll keep an eye out for a chance to dive with you :) I don't tend to do boat dives here tho. There are so many great shore dives, I save the $ for dive trips :)
Hope you get well soon! I agree with you and plan to do mostly shore dives and only pay for the special ones, like the Seal Dive or maybe a Wreck...

FWIW I now do shore diving in my 5mm in winter and tend not to even use hood and gloves. Don't really feel cold until the end of the second dive. I did my Rescue course the other week at Camp Cove and didn't have any issue with the cold. It was 18-19 degrees (shallow site). God willing, I'm diving on Monday with Prodive Manly, so we'll see how that goes. I do have the advantage of some 'bioprene insulation'.

Back
Top Bottom