Wetsuit question for Mafia Island 11/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaosReid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The water temperature in November at Mafia seems to average around 80F. I am taking my own gear to this new destination and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on skin vs shorty vs full based on conditions/concerns rather than warmth? I can be clumsy, especially when chasing macro sightings... I'm unfamiliar with dangerous or harmful things in that region. While it is NEVER my intention to touch anything, it does happen. General recommendations for Mafia also appreciated! Solo, older female diver. Thanks!

If I were you I'd wear a full 3mm wetsuit, bring with me a light hood (3mm too) just in case: multiple dives in a day make me feel a bit cold.
At least I was diving like that this year in the maldives with 82 F and it was perfect.

If I were you I'd wear a full 3mm wetsuit, bring with me a light hood (3mm too) just in case: multiple dives in a day make me feel a bit cold.
At least I was diving like that this year in the maldives with 82 F and it was perfect.
Thanks! I think it's only going to be two dives/day, not as intense as liveaboard, and plenty hot on shore! I agree - Maldives is deep diving and can be cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom