Wetsuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lycra dive skin

If you have not used it, and there is no indication that it has been used, you can definitely return it to LP. I believe they have a 60 day return policy on most items. They make it really easy. You will have to pay return shipping, but that is probably a small price to pay to not have a wetsuit you don't like.

I bought my wetsuit online at liesurepro i've had it on twice can I even return it? and try the hyperstrectch? or even just get my money back for something else?

I have used it one 2 dives in the springs i like the suit once i'm in it, I just dont like getting into or out of it. And its a 5 mill wont a lycra body suit make it warmer?

I have used it one 2 dives in the springs i like the suit once i'm in it, I just dont like getting into or out of it. And its a 5 mill wont a lycra body suit make it warmer?

I don't think it will make any temp difference.. it will let you slide right in to your suit though. I use one with my 7mm that is impossible to get in with out it.

I saw a guy won AFV trying to get into a wetsuit. Netted him 10 grand!

I bought a henderson insta dry wetsuit, and the thing is a nightmare to get on, I have to have my buddy help me get in it. Will it get easier in time to get into? Or should I have gone with the hyperstretch?

By the way I'm a bigger guy I had to buy the xxl size to fit me although the legs are a little long on it.

You have one of 2 situations, Either it does not fit or your not using good technique, possibly both. Here is a collection of my thoughts on the donning and fitting of suits.

Pete

Last edited:

It is wet fabric with zero for thermal protection. The most it can hope to do is plug up a sloppy fitting suit.

Sounds more like a sizing issue, though I doubt that you'll be able to exchange a suit after having dived in it.

In any case, if you decide to replace this wetsuit, spend more time trying on different brands. Like with regular clothing, different manufacturer's suits will fit differently. Some also offer different proportions for height and weight. Hyperstretch may help, but my experience with hyperstretch is that it seems to have a lower R value than regular neoprene, so you might need a slightly thicker suit.

A properly fitting wetsuit will be skintight, but not &$#@%# skinTIGHT, and getting into it shouldn't be an ordeal. Tricks like soaping up, or using plastic bags over the legs help, but aren't a substitute for a good fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom