Wetsuit recommendation for slim&taller women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kat6699

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm 5"8 and 110lbs, usually a size 0. I was looking at the sizing charts of a few different wetsuit brands(mares, Waterproof, Scubapro, etc) and it seems that smaller sizes usually come in shorter length too.
Some brands do offer Tall option but the sizes usually starts from US4(or equivalent).
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's any brand that makes taller wetsuit in general?

Thanks in advance!

If you don't find a off the rack suit that fits, I'd recommend having a custom suit made. I'm writing this as a very satisfied owner of a custom suit.

If you live in the Southern California area, I have some suggestions.

Try them on... lot’s I’ve tried seem to be for long skinny girls, like fashion models, because that’s what designers think women are like. I’ve had to trim my 7 mil. I’m pretty slender, but short. Longer dive socks and cuffed gloves can also make up the diff as long as torso is long enough for you. Freediving wetsuits also tend to be for skinny people and the two pieces thing gives you some torso adjustment.

Waterproof has Tall sizes, although they can be a little hard to find. My dimensions are similar to yours (5'8 and 120 lbs) and I have both a W4 5 and 7 mm in Small Tall. I could almost use the XS Tall--if I didn't always wear a hooded vest underneath I would probably need to size down.

If you can find a Henderson to try on, you might be able to make it work. Not only do they have some Tall sizes, but the Thermoprene suits (and maybe some others) can have wrists and
ankles lengthened or shortened for added cost.

I am pretty sure that the smallest size that Henderson offers in tall is 6, but you might be okay in the regular length since they list the height range for regular as 5'5" to 5'8"

Yes! My last wetsuit was a Henderson Thermoprene and the regular size 6 was long enough for me. It eventually wore out and I couldn't find a local replacement.

Back
Top Bottom