Whale Shark Stalking West Palm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjnjupiter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
News flash!!!! We were out today and the radio was alive with several boats encounering a Whale Shark at the same location we saw ours last week. Do you think it is the same one? Fits the description. Anybody got a report from Sandy Sunday or Wetter the Better from today?

That would be exciting if there were more opportunities to see it! Like so many others, I took a trip to see my first whale shark. Would be nice to have an encounter here in our "backyard"...

How cool is that, I would love to see one :)

Man was I ever born in the wrong place :shakehead:....no whale sharks for me. I loved the previous video posted so any others would be welcomed....I will live vicariously :D

Hello, this is Sandy of "Sandy's Sunday" we had a great time with the Whale Shark on Wednesday afternoon. We found him on the Governor's Walk and this is the third time in recent years that we've seen one here. He was very, very friendly and stayed on the surface with us for about 30 minutes, then after a breif swim down to the wrecks, he'd come back up. We even got our gear on and four of us spent 30 minutes on the Shasha with him. What a thrill, this huge 18-20 ft Whale Shark swam along with us just as if he was our dive buddy. Great diving in WPB and we are hoping to see more...keeping our fingers crossed.

That's awesome. I'll be out tomorrow diving a little further north but I may swing by there for a look.
I'm going to charge the batteries and get the camera ready just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom