What a great bag!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geobound is Canadian

Okay I know for the vast majority of you this is nothing new, but this is the first dive bag I've purchased and am shocked at how much stuff you can get into it!

I bought the Scubapro Hydros BCD and it comes with its own bag to carry stuff in, but after doing a dry run I've discovered you can't bring half of your kit with you if you use their bag.

Now I'm not really complaining as I didn't by the Hydros Pro for its carrying bag, but short of carrying your lunch it's pretty small.

So I was forced into looking for something else, and I came across the Mares Cruise Backpack Mesh Deluxe Bag. So pleased that I found it as it holds everything I need and then some!

View attachment 482132 View attachment 482133

The only thing missing in that bag (aside from water) is my weights. I figured I will just wear a weight belt until I get to the water, and then fix my BCD up properly using the integrated weight pockets.

The dive flag fits in the bag too, I just didn't take the air out of it yet.

Like I said, old news to some, super cool purchase for me! LOL....

I can't tell. Is this something you can use as a checked bag on a flight?

EDITED:

I'd say definitely NOT, however, my bag is the much older model.

Get a colorful plastic caribeaner and clip it to the bag. Then you have an identifier, and a way to clip your bag off to something, for maybe $3-4.

When stuffed it looks pretty big; are people using them like that as carry-ons, and do you get any 'push back' about the size?

Richard.

When stuffed it looks pretty big; are people using them like that as carry-ons, and do you get any 'push back' about the size?

Richard.

I wouldn't use mine that way under any circumstances.

$39.25 on Amazon....delivery to your door :wink:

That would be close to what I paid for mine by the time you convert US to CDN funds.

Geobound is Canadian

Yep. Land of the higher prices. LOL....

I doubt it. The bag is roughly 16" x 16", and not all that secure. This is more for getting you to the water or the boat from a car or a hotel.

Deluxe eh? What's the difference between the Deluxe and the Elite? The Elite sells for less, so thinner materials perhaps? Ours are the Elite model and they don't seem to be lacking anything.

The Deluxe is a bit bigger and made of slightly different material. The Deluxe also has a side zipper for easier access to things further down in the bag once packed.

Richard.

There is no way to take this as carry-on.......well unless you leave half your kit at home? It's a great bag for more than just scuba stuff too, but that's all I will use this for.

Plus it has the built in reg bag, and it's quite roomy.

I have the Akona version with the side zipper and a 'dry' pocket on the inside.
It is a nice bag. had mine a while. Only sign of wear is a little corrosion by a couple of the grommets for the draw strings that is separating a bit from the fabric.
It wouldn't be wise to use as a check-on. As someone said above perfect for when you have arrived at your destination to haul your gear around or just haul your gear around at home.
I use the 'regulator pocket' for other things I want to carry though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom