What are all levels of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessepcvfd6

Registered
Reaction score
I know you start out with OW but after that... What are all the ones leading up to the final certification as a diver?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Actually, at the end of your OW class (and after you have completed the required dives) you are a Certified diver. You can now rent gear and go diving. That doesn't mean you're a great diver after your OW certification, just a diver.

Each certification agency has different courses that you can use to improve your skills. Many are focussed on particular diving specialities (caving, wreck diving, etc.).

If you specify an Agency you're planning on getting your training from, and where you're located, various people here on the board would be able to offer more detailed information.

By agencies do you mean like padi? BC that's who mine is through and I live in North Alabama

For PADI the path is advanced open water (advanced is a very relative term here), nitrox, deep and rescue. Or some minor variation. At that point you have all the qualifications needed for normal recreational dives. There are other specialty courses that are useful along the way, like the peak performance buoyancy and a few others.

Your question is a bit ambiguous - You can stay OC recreational and move to OC technical, or move to rebreathers and then either way do normoxic, trimix, advanced wreck, cave,

Of course, you can look at teaching....

There is much one can do and learn in diving.

Good Luck to you!

Yeah I think I'd eventually want to be a dive instructor but I really want to get rescue stuff as well.

Yeah I think I'd eventually want to be a dive instructor but I really want to get rescue stuff as well.

Getting trained as an instructor requires some rescue training along the way.

There are plenty of divers with just a basic OW cert and thousands of dives, that are Much Better Divers than instructors that qualified with the minimum dives to go for their instructor cert....
Bottom line...get a thousand dives or so and then consider being an instructor. There is no getting around the value of experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom