What are the top Diving related books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'SCUBA Diving the Wrecks and Shores of Long Island, NY' by David L. Rosenthal is a great compilation of "local diving" short stories held together by a couple of ongoing themes. The author is a good storyteller, enjoyable reading.

Have that out from the library. Next after fatal depth.

The Rapture of the Deep was such an excellent one to read in the middle of a cold winter, when you want to feel the warm water and salt in the air!!! I'm in Wisconsin...and I pretty much drooled reading it. I wasn't at home when I posted the other suggestion and couldn't remember the name of it!

Coral Reef Guide by Ewald Lieske..i came across this book online recently and found it quite good...i think it is the best book ever if you are looking for some quality books on diving..you must read it.

I have four novels by Paul J. Mila, Whales' Angels, Fireworks, Dangerous Waters & Near Miss. All are very enjoyable mysteries with a central scuba diving theme.

Dave

Two books I highly recommend:

Treasure Hunter: Diving for Gold on America's Death Coast
by Robert MacKinnon

Gold Finder: The True Story of $100 Million in Lost Russian Gold
by Keith Jessop

+1 for Diver Down, and Scuba Confidential by Simon Pridmore

This question gets asked and answered a lot, frequently with much the same answers, but Scuba Confidential is a new name in the thread and a pretty recent publication. I downloaded a sample of Scuba Confidential and I too was really impressed. I plan to buy it as soon as payday comes around :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom