What are the water temps around Key Largo now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islanddream

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi:

Headed to Key Largo on the weekend and would like to know what the water temps are right now.

Thanks!

I dove Key Largo this past weekend. We saw water temps in the low 80's. Most people were diving in their bathing suits. I'm a florida guy and get cold pretty easily so I dove a 1.5mm on the real shallow stuff, and a 3mm on the deep stuff.

leaving the dock in 30 minutes for a 2 tanker. I'll post todays temps when I get home,

reefman
key largo

Teach a man to fish...
NDBC - Station MLRF1

Molasses reef is a pretty good proxy for Key Largo diving. You can also explore other nearby stations.
The link shows data for the past 24 hours, with water temp the rightmost non-empty column.
If you click on the triangular icon next to current water temp at the top, you get a plot of the past 5 days.

Past 24 hours: High was 84.6 degF at 6 PM, low was 83.1 at 8 AM.

Last edited:
A week and a half ago I used a 3/2 mm for the reef dives (~25 feet) where my computer registered 82 F, and a 5/4 mm for the Spiegel and Eagle where my computer registered 82 on the surface and 79 at ~100 feet. I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to water temps and would rather have too much suit than too little.

Last edited:
84F @ molasses and French reef this afternoon. depth 20-40FT. 82F reported on the SG,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thanks everyone for the answers. I love seeing 82-84....that's a 3mm for me! Can't wait to dive the Keys starting Sunday....first time there!

Yippee!!!!! That's dive skin temp for me :D

It's time for the first annual "Cajun Invasion". Get ready Key Largo...the Cajuns are coming :banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom