What are these hoses for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jono Fish

Registered
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of used scuba stuff, mostly for the tanks and regulators. There were a three extra hoses that I really don't know what they are for. Can anyway tell me what these 3 hoses are used for? Hopefully the pictures are clear enough on the connection ends
Thanks

Attachments

• hose 1.jpg
    hose 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 142
  • hose 2.jpg
    hose 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 140
  • hose 3.jpg
    hose 3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 146
Picked up a bunch of used scuba stuff, mostly for the tanks and regulators. There were a three extra hoses that I really don't know what they are for. Can anyway tell me what these 3 hoses are used for? Hopefully the pictures are clear enough on the connection ends
Thanks
Hello. 1st. Low pressure regulator hose.
2nd. Low pressure inflator hose. Typically used for drysuits....the width, and texture make dry glove usage easier. Could be used for a B.C.D. / Bladder Inflator....if there is enough clearance for the width.
3rd. High Pressure hose for pressure gauge.
I personally would not use them.
Cheers.

The short quick disconnect low pressure hose (2) was possibly for use with an argon (or air) drysuit inflation bottle if it's too short to reach the chest area from the tank valve. Or it could have simply been the inflator for a small bcd.

The tiny hole in the high pressure hose (3) prevents explosive loss of gas if there's a leak. Funny looking but common. If it is shorter than the normal recreational SPG hose length it might be meant for a waist-Dring-clipped brass gauge as in a tech/gue setup.

I personally would not use them.
Why not? What's wrong with using a pre-owned hose that looks to be in good shape and holds pressure? Maybe I'm ignorant of some risk.

Just because it looks good doesn't mean that it is. Hoses that are older, even if they have never been used, can deteriorate and fail without warning. If you don't know the history of the hose I do not recommend using it.

CEJN inflators?

cejn scuba diving site:www.scubaboard.com - Google Search

I have never bought a standard rubber hose new in fourty five years and will continue
to use the 100 used ones I have in stock until I kick the bucket not from a busted hose

Inspect your hoses, deterioration is obvious well before any leakage or "catastrophic explosion"

full.jpg

I seem only to have a photo of the spares of the spares

and don't store your hoses hanging on a padded nail on a wall for any period because they take a set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom