what are these plate things?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Found stacks of these steel curved plates in an engine room and wondered if anyone knew what they are for - about 500mm across and 600mm long -pic shows then stacked up on a gangway so they are quite large

also found some in the prop shaft and wondered if they were some sort of shim for the prop bearings but they seem too thick for that so perhaps a replacement casing?
IMG_0562.JPG

Come on man

in an engine room

in an engine room where man, of what.

Pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures!

lol it was my first foray with this camera set up so havent got a lot to show but heres a typical link -
its the Mikhail Lermontov - i posted some videos a while back mikhail lermontov (the andrea doria of the south)

Your in Aussie? its well worth a visit once ( if) we get our Quarrantine rules ******** sorted
IMG_0546.JPG

Attachments

• side veiw copy.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 99
Wow, that looks awesome. I can hardly believe I've not heard of it before. As for the plates, maybe they are cylinder liners / sleeve? Though not sure if those could be segmented like that.

its the Mikhail Lermontov

Magnificent!

Thought so yep, I've done plenty of research, made half a plan
it's somewhere I'm hoping to go when everything settles down

Do you really notice that all the upper structures have fallen off

Doubly magnificent!

Magnificent!

Thought so yep, I've done plenty of research, made half a plan
it's somewhere I'm hoping to go when everything settles down

Do you really notice that all the upper structures have fallen off

Doubly magnificent!
you notice it cos theres lots of damage and debris hanging around but the bridge section is totally intact and hasnt changed at all- there are some areas that are easier to get to but some are too unstable -so its mixed bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom