What are you willing to do to keep diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive locally year round in what most may call warm water but for me in winter it's cold (18C on west coast and 22C on east coast).

The better diving is on our east coast a two hour drive away. Shore diving is limited however so we rely on boats, which were not operating during most of our lockdown and the beaches off Dubai were also off limits during our lockdown.

My SI was 57 days.

Our local beach dives don't sound very exciting with 5-15ft visibility and 20ft depth but thats what it is and it's good. Wish I could go back to Mexico though to continue my cave training.

Been going to shallower reefs in our own boats....

Plenty of good stuff, filmed this Saturday. Biggest tiger shark I've ever seen in the wild.

Watch "sharkturtle 3" on YouTube

I'm going diving this weekend, and having my deep diver certification done.
Living in a land locked country, it's lakes, lakes and lakes. :)

We have a shallow lake in my city, and the temperature is pleasant 15C at 10m depth (I do that in 5mm). And it's nice to practice, but the visibility is terrible due to the thermocline.

The big one I'm diving this weekend it 150m and at 40m is around 10C.

Doable in a 5mm+7mm shorty no problem.

IMG-4a6876e8f3c3266996c2b96f77cec715-V(1).jpg

I've been diving off the coast of Gaviota or in Morro Bay, but will be heading out to the Channel Islands on the Raptor this weekend, maybe Catalina next weekend. But I won't lie, if I could get to Bonaire or some other tropical destination, I would do it in a heartbeat. My dive buddy wife has got spoiled with warm water dive trips and has no interest in local diving anymore.

Diving from Manhattan is a complete pia, especially without a car. There is shore diving off City Island in the Bronx but vis is about the same as diving in a septic tank. Long Island has good wreck dives but hard to get to for us.

I'm going diving this weekend, and having my deep diver certification done.
Living in a land locked country, it's lakes, lakes and lakes. :)

We have a shallow lake in my city, and the temperature is pleasant 15C at 10m depth (I do that in 5mm). And it's nice to practice, but the visibility is terrible due to the thermocline.

The big one I'm diving this weekend it 150m and at 40m is around 10C.

Doable in a 5mm+7mm shorty no problem.

View attachment 593910

Forgot to attach a pic from the this weekends lake.

There are worst places you can dive I think...

IMG_20200613_192934_836.jpg

I've been diving off the coast of Gaviota or in Morro Bay, but will be heading out to the Channel Islands on the Raptor this weekend, maybe Catalina next weekend. But I won't lie, if I could get to Bonaire or some other tropical destination, I would do it in a heartbeat. My dive buddy wife has got spoiled with warm water dive trips and has no interest in local diving anymore.
I used to live in Shell Beach back in the 70’s. We lived two houses from the beach and I used to fish off a rubber raft out by a wash rock about 1/2 mi off shore. I always wondered what the diving would be like there. Maybe I’ll try it sometime.

I live in the Philadelphia area, I have never been to Dutch Springs, and likely, never will. I started diving in Southern California, have quite a few contemporary dives in San Diego and a few in Cape Ann. I'm not opposed to diving in cold water and have the gear to deal with it.

I have had two international trips cancelled for this year, Bonaire and Malpelo. Bonaire has not been rescheduled yet, Malpelo will be summer 2021.

I have a home in Boynton Beach, Florida and have used it a lot in the last 8 1/2 years. After a 90 day SI, I recently got in 29 dives, in an attempt to make up for some lost time Back in the high life again My wife has asthma, we have chosen to distance for 14 days upon my return to lower her risk, my penalty for diving :(. My exposure to people in Florida was very limited. Florida is now doing very badly with regard to new cases of Covid-19. I witnessed some of the practices contributing to the increase. Not sure when my next visit down will be. I am able to limit my exposure to flying, renting a car, one visit to the grocery store, and the boats. The 3 operations I recently used all had very reasonable and safe policies in place

Back
Top Bottom