What are your 3 favorite pieces of SCUBA Gear???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right now:

1) 19cf pony with sling kit - because redundancy
2) Xdeep ghost deluxe bp/w - I've only just done 2 dives with it, so still technically in the fine tuning stage, but so far I'm very happy with it. Can't wait to hit the water again with the few adjustments I've made
3) Sherwood trident fins - I have not gone through a lot of fins, but this is the best so far and it leaves me with no desire to try anymore.
4) Spring strap - it's one of those things I didn't realise I needed until I got it. What took me so long to try this?

My lungs X2 and then I would have to say my mouth in exhaling....all else is in support.

I changed my springs for DIY bungee straps. Like em better.

Accel bungee straps. Available in half a dozen different colours at an amazon near you (but you have to also get those little triangular bits).

To think about it:
1&2. Pinnacle merino undies (tops and bottoms so they count as 2). Good under a wetsuit as well as any other suit.
3. "Lightweight" "tactical" kufiah. Bought as a piece of scuba gear: for the Caribbean sun out on boats. Also works as a towel, face mask on planes full of patient-0's, scarf when it's getting colder but yet too warm for wool, and it's almost big enough to wrap around the butt and change the shorts without offending anyone's sensibilities. Well, maybe just a crack.

I changed my springs for DIY bungee straps. Like em better.

I guess when thinking about it there is actually a difference between the two... for fun I now want to swap out my spring straps for bungee straps (before I had used both term interchangeably... however I've never used bungee straps, just spring straps)....

This thread is leading me down a worm hole!

Which is why I prefer these. They are adjustable to any size, fit any fin and cost pennies.
dscf2972-jpg-397057-jpg-450505-jpg-455580-jpg-462242-jpg-467181-jpg.467700.jpg

multi-keeper-tie-down-straps-bungee-cords-06014-64_1000-jpg-457717-jpg-467182-jpg.467701.jpg

Prism 2
Bare HD2 drysuit
Shearwater perdix ai and petrel 2 on prism

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom