What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the Russians who come here dive with Russian staff, so my main contact with them is while everybody is setting up their gear. When there are more than a couple of Russians aboard, I quickly grab all the weight blocks I think my divers and I will need before they all end up on the Russians' weight belts. Once when I was doing the CESA skill on an OW training dive, they took even the few weights that were attached to the CESA buoy we use. We had to tie a huge ship's wrench from the engine room to the line to anchor it down. Maybe they're all overweighted by habit from being used to cold-water diving in drysuits? If they are, it makes sense that they can't stay up off the reef.

Not really. I'm basing this on the ones I saw In Egypt who took their courses there as well!!!!

Actually mine is being halfway through a dive and feeling thirsty. There probably is such a thing but a camelback with fresh water in it would be cool.
Also getting an itchy nose just as I'm settled into a dive.

Actually mine is being halfway through a dive and feeling thirsty. There probably is such a thing but a camelback with fresh water in it would be cool.
Also getting an itchy nose just as I'm settled into a dive.

There is such a thing, and tech divers who do long, long deco stops sometimes have them. But for the rest of us, the dry mouth thing gets better with accumulated time underwater, somehow--maybe the body adjusts to produce more saliva or something, but I know that when I was a new diver I used to get thirsty from breathing compressed air, and now I rarely do. But anyway, some solutions...
SCUDA
Apollo Bio Filter discounts on sale Apollo
https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=55

For the itch, just stick your finger up under the mask skirt and rub your nose! You may need to clear a bit of water out of the mask afterward, but that's a basic skill, right?

Last edited:
There is such a thing, and tech divers who do long, long deco stops sometimes have them. But for the rest of us, the dry mouth thing gets better with accumulated time underwater, somehow--maybe the body adjusts to produce more saliva or something, but I know that when I was a new diver I used to get thirsty from breathing compressed air, and now I rarely do. But anyway, some solutions...
SCUDA
Apollo Bio Filter discounts on sale Apollo
https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=55

For the itch, just stick your finger up under the mask skirt and rub your nose! You may need to clear a bit of water out of the mask afterward, but that's a basic skill, right?

I always get an itchy nose just after I start a dive. I think it must be psychological -- as soon as it's inconvenient to scratch, it itches. But, yes, not really a problem, just scratch and clear my mask afterwards.

Is there anything you just CANT STAND when it comes to diving?

To be rushed. I'm still in my diving career infancy. Dive #8 and #9 coming next week if the weather is good on the days I'm off. But I hate to be rushed, and I hate swimming like I'm in a race. There is just so much to take in and keep track of it is still a sensory overload. My weighting is getting better though and that is an immense help. That and after my first dive with my local dive company I was very adamant about slowing down and the last two dives have been great!

A boatload of smokers ... OK, not even a whole boatload :shakehead:

Oh yeah, and photographers who home in on a subject like a laser, even though someone else is already there, then monopolize it while everyone else waits. Makes me want to pull a Mike Nelson ... the old dive knife through the air hose ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom