What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anything you just CANT STAND when it comes to diving?

I tend to be pretty particular when it comes to the handling my equipment, so I prefer to take care of my own setup rather than letting an op handle it. Beyond that, one thing I find really annoying is when divers habitually do not manage their proximity to others in the group, particularly on night dives - DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Getting your mask kicked off is no fun!

Last edited:
Bulging environmental seals........
I can't help noticing. I'll be on a boat and and least half of the regs that have a cold water kit have been assembled incorrectly......maybe Florida techs don't know to install these with the reg pressurized.

I think I've decided my biggest peeve is dive gear that decides it doesn't want to go diving, but not until you have arrived at the dive site without a spare of whatever it is.

Yesterday, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive and hour's boat ride to the dive site, and a scooter that didn't want to go diving. Agggh!

Bulging environmental seals........
I can't help noticing. I'll be on a boat and and least half of the regs that have a cold water kit have been assembled incorrectly......maybe Florida techs don't know to install these with the reg pressurized.

You have me curious now. (not to derail the thread) but I had a slight budge in my enviro seal for my Mares reg. and the guy at the shop where I had it installed said that was normal.

Is that true? I don't know much about reg. machanicals in that reagard.

Oh, dampsuits are a huge peeve!

Trying to dive in behind a group leaving a HUGE silt cloud was peevish the other night, too.

My new pet peeve for today... Divers coming up a mooring line and crowding out everyone else. Have some courtesy - especially if there's current. Calm down and take it slow and easy, ok? Hold on to your buddy from the outside or hook a line on. But don't just shove people out of the way. It's kind of rude.

like this?

47b5d809b3127cce9220cfe6afcb0000001.jpg

Throw a few more elbow jabs and fin kicks and I think that's it! Brilliant, Cacia!!

Back
Top Bottom