What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... that's like asking if something about your spouse can piss you off, how do you handle marriage ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nope. Not even close.

People who brush up against my fins. It sounds weird but it gets to me BADLY.

So you have your shnozz up in my fins, now I can't kick. So I'll just move away from you so that I can kick again ... OH WAIT, I CAN'T MOVE WITHOUT KICKING.

I dive in a lot of kelp and every so often I get that "someone's face in my fins" feeling but it turns out it is justa piece of kelp. *sigh*

Irrational, I know, but it gets to me.

I have to chuckle when I hear divers complaining about getting kicked ... and then I point out to them (in a good-natured way, usually) that if they're getting kicked in the face, it's not the other diver's fault ... you can't expect a "boat" to move if you stick something into the propellor ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Brand bigots... Brand x is superior to everything else.

Don't you mean "Brand H?" :cool2:

Oh no ... I've heard that same line about Brand S, Brand A, Brand D ... and several others. It usually boils down to whatever the shop is selling, or whatever the individual diver is wearing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That "little fishie" is about nine feet long ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:shocked2:

Must. See. Fish!

9 feet?!? What is it? For contrast the biggest fish I have seen is a potato bass. I've seen sharks that big but never a fish 9 feet long.

How do you manage to teach? I find that my new divers tend to want to be closer to me than they ought to be if they don't want to get slapped with a fin. :shocked2:

Oh yes ... I recall my first night dive quite well. When we got out of the water my instructor said "Bob ... you're a nice guy ... but I never want you that close to me again."

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Must. See. Fish!

9 feet?!? What is it? For contrast the biggest fish I have seen is a potato bass. I've seen sharks that big but never a fish 9 foot long.

It's a wolf eel ... which isn't an eel at all. It's the world's largest blenny. The males get up to about 9-10 feet long. The one in the picture is a full-grown male. They're so ugly they're cute (kinda like an old Walter Mathau on a really bad day) ... here's what the whole fish looks like ...

IMG_0619.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Buddys that think 3 foot above and 1 foot behind is a great place for a buddy

We call that "death from above" ... it's kinda like driving on the freeway in somebody's blind spot.

This is usually some overly-protective diver who wants to "keep an eye" on their buddy. Great for the person above and behind ... sux to be the person in the point though, because you spend your whole diving twisting around trying to locate your dive buddy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Buddys that think 3 foot above and 1 foot behind is a great place for a buddy
Or the buddy that can't decide if being on the left or right is best.
Pick a side, any side, as long as it's the left, and stay there!

Ah, significant peeve ... I came out of the water last night to discover that someone had left a used condom catheter on the pavement next to my car!

Are you kidding me? Bad enough that they were crass enough to remove it in the parking lot ... but to then just drop it on the pavement?

:shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom