What Are Your Top Three Go-To's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I was looking for. While I'm mainly a tropical diver, that 3+ day of diving I start getting chills. Might just invest in one of these.

Boatcoat/surf-fur is a good idea because we need to stay warm between dives too. I always bring extra layers of protection, even in tropical waters. I have a 1 mm beanie, sometimes I layer that over a 1mm Scap and I have a 3mm bibbed hood too, which I rarely have to use, thank heavens. I also have a Bare Chillguard, which is neutral to wear under my suit. And when I'm really suffering, I cover all up with my Sharkskin.

I have a 5mm that I'd never had to wear before, not even in the Red Sea in the month of November.

Yet, I went to Bali without it. Thank heavens I had all that other Headwear and the Chillguard and the Sharkskin. Brrrrr

Being cold on the boat was not an issue. The water was surprisingly, startlingly cold!

I have a pick up truck for hauling my gear and a custom built room for storing it. Plus a tank cabinet for all the dive tanks.

One of those telephone cable hair ties
Coconut oil or leave in conditioner
Diving gloves, even if it's just to unscrew the regulator from the tank valve after a dive to get a better grip

I'm not a lady but two things make my dive better:

Getting there a little earlier, setting up before the commotion and just relaxing.

Second, ear plugs because I like to sit at the stern and the silence is nice.

Wow, i’ve added some things from this thread to my own packing list after reading the great input!

One add I have is, polarized sunglasses with reader inserts. I don’t bring my expensive prescription glasses on a day trip boat dive. I am too good at losing or breaking things. So I found relatively cheap polarized sunglasses with generic reader inserts online and keep a pair in my dive bag. That helps me review dive information on my computer after a dive, fill out my dive log, and also see the oxygen content on the nitrox tester.

Stream-2-Sea hair conditioner before a dive, some type of hoodie for keeping my hair out of my mask/face (my is too short to pull back effectively) and Starbursts or other hard candy for post-dive to take out the salt water taste. I am going to start bringing gloves too, even if it's just for use with gear.

...some type of hoodie for keeping my hair out of my mask/face (my is too short to pull back effectively)...

A stretchy hair comb band works really well with short bangs/hair.
I wear one on every dive, without a hood in warm water, and with a hood in cold water.

61XvXz9yTlL._AC_SY450_.jpg
20210627_000123.jpg

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom